The deodorants activate on just 10% of your body, leaving the rest of 90% to sweat naturally. This way, using deodorants, one is masking the body smell and hide the most secret emotions or an unfavorable genetic inheritance.
Even though mankind has a rather old relation with perfume, essential oils or other volatile oils, cosmetic products that inhibit our body smell these days invented around the 40’s. Ever since then, till nowadays the vast majority of people understood their necessity and boasted this invention meant to keep us from smelling bad. Anyway, on the other hand it also raised many other question signs – such as how is our body influenced by the chemical substance from the deodorants? Is it OK to block sweat by using deodorants? There are many theories regarding deodorants and opinions that contradict each other.
One of the controversies related to this is that using deodorants, the chemical substances that it contains limits the pheremones power of women over men. It is believed that in time one lost the ability to communicate through smell, such as other mammals do. Anyhow, some of the sources believe that despite of the fact that this sense is diminished; one can still have some reminiscences of it.
It is believed that our smell changes according to our emotional states, indicating a possible involvement of the pheromones. Our immune system also determines the types of bacteria that live on our skin. Anyhow, there are some believes according to which the fact that using deodorant’s block your ability to transmit more information about yourself, is actually a good thing. It is not very good to know that the most intimate of your feelings can be transmitted through the pores. Some may feel like an invading of one’s privacy.
Anyhow, one should know that there is a big difference between the sweat created by effort and the type that is created by anxiety, stress, emotions. The first one is produced by the endocrine sweat glandes while the second one by both the endocrine glands and the apocrine ones. The latter ones free a bigger quantity of lipids and proteins. These substances are magnets to bacteria and therefore will have a stronger smell.
There are those people that use deodorant daily without even needing it. Anyhow, the percentage in Europe is very low â?? around 2%, while the biggest percentage is in Asia, where people live a healthier lifestyle. This brings one to the conclusion that what you eat has a lot to do with a healthy food style and a detoxified, healthy body.
Ironically when someone does not use deodorant and is stressed that he will smell bad, he gets to smell worse than if he was not worried about the bad smell.
Shall we use the spray, the liquid deodorants or the solid ones? Many believe that using the spray is better as it allows one to sweat but it eliminates the source of the bad smell; whilst the deodorants block and reduce the sweat.
In the last years a viral revolution against parabens and the aluminum that some deodorants contain has begun. It is believed that the aluminum that some of them contain can affect the DNA. The response is that in small quantities like those they contain it is better tolerated.
Some of the studies have concluded there may be a link between Alzheimers diseases and breast cancer and the aluminum the deodorants contain. But the experts in the field have not arrived to a conclusion regarding this possibility.
Whilst there is no other option to reduce the smell of your sweat, a small quantity of any kind of deodorants is well received by your body. The more you worry, the worse it will be. just think that not even 10% of the body is covered with it.