There are many of us that have been through some tooth problems. No matter how serious your problem was it is dreadful to have teeth problems. Therefore, when you are at home and it is the middle of the night and something is going on with your teeth, it is a must to know some home remedies tips to avoid the pain. The old school methods combined with some essential oils will make you feel the difference between the moderate pain you felt and the slightly irritating one you feel afterwards.
In the vast majority of cases just a dentist can heal the teeth problems one may have. This is why one should bear in mind the recommendations below are to lower the pain and hold you until one goes to the doctor. The liquids that are included in these remedies should not be swallowed. One should just clean the mouth and spit it afterwards.
1. Water with salt – mix a full spoon of salt with a glass of warm water. Clean the mouth as much as you can then spit it. Repeat this as many times as necessary.
2. Carbon peroxide – wash your mouth with some carbon peroxide. In case the taste is too awful for you, dilute it with some water.
3. Alcohol – wash your mouth with some whiskey, scotch or cognac. Strong mouth water that contains alcohol should also do.
4. Vanilla extract – smooth a piece of cloth in vanilla extract and apply it on the painful spot. Other extracts that have the same effect are the almonds, mint and lemon.
5. Tea tree oil – just a drop or two from this oil mixed with olive oil are enough to apply on the painful spot and remove the pain away.
6. The apple vinegar – smooth a piece of cloth in apple vinegar and apply it on the spot.
7. Ginger – take a piece of fresh ginger and chew it a little bit.
8. Oregano oil -mix some drops of this oil with some olive oil and then put it on a piece of cloth; which you then put on the wound.
9. Garlic – take a piece of garlic and hold it in the interior part of your lips
10. Mint leaves – chew the fresh mint leaves. You can as well try chewing the dried ones.
11. Potatoes – cut a slice of fresh potato and apply it on the painful spot.
12. Onion – slice a fresh piece of onion and hold it in your mouth.
13. Cucumbers – cut a slice of cucumber and apply it on the painful spot.
14. Ice – cover a package of ice with a towel then hold it on the check where you have the pain. This will diminish the pain.
No matter how hard the pain may be, it is important to act on it as soon as you feel it. Afterwards, when you get to the doctor it will be easier for him to treat what is left of the pain. It will both be comforting for one to have a more easy to handle pain till one goes to the doctor and as well for the doctor to know what to expect as far as the resistance of the patient concerns.
Anyhow, applying the above means does not mean that you are free from going to the doctor. Having a good dentist is imperious for your dental health and for your general health as a human being. Also, do not forget the saying â?? an apple a day, keeps the dentist away!