Many people eat and appreciate the sweeter foods, may they be cookies, sweets, bread, juices and generally everything that turns into sugar. At the beginning of the last century people used to consume approximately 2.2 kilos of sugar annually. Anyhow, nowadays a person in the United States consumes between 47 and 71 kilos of sugar per year. Unfortunately sugar is found in many products on the market and therefore one eats it without being aware of this thing.
When we eat sugar, its action in one’s body is instant but its energizing effects disappear rapidly. It is processed in one’s body by insulin. The moment the sugar in introduced in one’s body, the pancreas secretes insulin in order to burn it or deposit it.
If one eats something sweet, the pancreas secrets more insulin than necessary. Therefore, the sugar that one consumes is processed rapidly and one remains with a sensation of tiredness and even defeat. The main problem is that at this time the body identifies a lack of sugar and asks for more. The more sugar we eat, the more the body asks. This is why it is believed that sugar creates a form of addiction.
The bad effects of white sugar
Many products that one consumes contain white sugar and unfortunately have some bad effects on one’s body. Out of these bad effects one can look at the below:
– Turmoil of the calcium metabolizing – it acts upon the vitamins from the B complex, which weakens in time the pancreas and can cause diabetes and other affections.
– Sugar abuse – due to the repeated consume of sodas, cakes, sweets, pastry products this can lead to hypoglycemia.
– The endocrine system – this system unbalances and in time provokes many hormonal problems such as indigestion, cardiac arithmia, and menopause problems. The endocrine problems such as the renal glandes, the pancreas influence all the body’s functions, and when one consumes white sugar, the endocrine system unbalances and the chemical reactions of the body alter.
– The bone system – consuming on a regular basis the white sugar, one will have the body easily eliminate the calcium from any organism. This is why the body is forced to extract the calcium from the bones and the tissues that deposit this mineral.
– Allergies – the food that contains the most allergies are those that contain or are consumed with sugar such as milk, wheat, bread, sweets, chocolate etc. the constant consumption of these products provoke in one’s own body problems of assimilation because the sugar is decomposed and ferments in an accelerated manner and the food is not decomposed properly generating toxins that eliminates in the blood. When the level of toxins is too big one can sense some dizziness, excessive tiredness, focusing problems, indispose, coughing or many others.
– Enzymes – the food that one eats need enzymes in order to facilitate the digestion process. Anyhow, if the cell does not have the necessary mineral, the effect of enzymes is affected.
– The immune system – the organisms that destroy the toxic substances from one’s body such as the viruses and the bacteria are inhibited by the sugar molecules, blocking the defense function of the body. This is the main reason that in case of infections or health issues, one of the main foods one must avoid is the sugar.
– The refined sugar does not add any benefit to our body or any nutritive value. This is why it is transformed in toxins or fats.
Some healthy alternatives to white sugar are honey, agave syrup, brown sugar, or coconut sugar. Stevia works to sweeten beverages. Some of the fruits can help you induce the same feeling the sugar has on you – Especially bananas, mango, grapes or raisins.